Thursday, March 08, 2007

Pearls Before Swine

Pearls Before Swine is a comic by Stephan Pastis that appears in many American newspapers. The title Pearls Before Swine refers to the admonition "Neither cast ye your pearls before swine" that Jesus Christ delivers to Peter according to Matthew 7:6 in the Bible. In Pastis's comic strip, Rat, who has a heightened assessment of his own intelligence, must cast his 'wisdom' before the Pig, who is, to say the least, a bit slow. You can find the current strip and and the last thirty days worth at the comic's official site here. I recommend a daily visit, esp. for those of you who don't get it in your local paper. I also like quite a bit of the merchandise at Cafe Press. I'll have to see if I can get Pastis to let me use an image of Pig in my book... Thanks to Liz Stone for turning me on to this back in the day...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home